Brook Rudolph Photography Studio Policies
Our goal is to give you a fun and enjoyable photo experience! We’re providing an online source of our studio policies to help our clients get familiar with how our studio conducts business. We know it may seem like a lot to take in, but your familiarity and understanding of these policies is important. Thank you for taking the time to review our policies!
Session Booking The session fee pays for my time and talent as your photographer. This includes the “getting to know you” portion of our session together, our email/phone consultations, the preparation for your session, the physical act of photographing you, editing, burning, and uploading.
- 20% deposit of your session fee is due at the time of your booking
- Brook Rudolph Photography accepts cash (exact change), check, credit card, and paypal payments.
- The remainder of your session fee balance is due at the time of your session
- Sessions are available 7 days a week
- Session fee includes approximately 30-50 edited proofs
- Travel fees begin at $50 outside 40 miles of Denver, NC
- All sessions require a signed model release (you may choose to allow or disallow us from using images of you for promotional purposes)
- Session fees are subject to change without notice and are only guaranteed for 30 days after initial quote
- Arrive to your session at least 10 minutes early to prepare your hair, makeup, selct clothing, and so on. Late arrivals (15 min) we may have to reschedule you, because we generally schedule appointments back to back. Rescheduling will cause you to forfeit your initial session deposit.
- Only bring the subjects who are to be photographed to your session. This is especially important with pets and kids as BRP will need their full attention. Of course parents are always welcome!
- No cameras/cell phones, or other photographic/recording devices are allowed during the sessions. No exceptions! This is very distracting to the subjects and the photographer.
- All clients of Brook Rudolph Photography must sign a model release. This allows us to show our work to other potential clients. By choosing to hire BRP, you agree to allow us to us images of you for our promotional purposes. We cannot photograph anyone who does not sign a model release form.
Cancellation Policy You session fee deposit is due at the time of scheduling. This deposit is non-refundable, however
- with more than 48 hours notice I offer rescheduling
- with 24 hours notice I offer rescheduling with a $25.00 fee
- with less than 24 hours notice you forfeit your photography session deposit
- No shows forfeit your photo session fee. We will always call or email ahead to remind you about your appointment.
- If I deem that the weather forecast will affect our photo session, I will contact you to reschedule for a different time or date.
A $40 fee will be applied for any returned checks or declined credit cards per time submitted (to the full extent that the financial institution will allow), and late charges may be assessed in the event of a payment schedule.
- Step 1: Your 20% session fee deposit is due at the time of booking
- Step 2: The remainder of your session fee is due at the time of your session
- Step 3: Order your prints & photo products from your online gallery that we provide to you. Prints range anywhere from $1 for wallets on up to 100s of dollars for x-large canvas & metal prints.
Sneak Peeks on Blog, Facebook, and Instagram
All client “sneak peeks” will be posted on social media and the blog following your photo session.
Brook Rudolph Photography owns the copyright to all images. It is illegal to copy, scan, or reproduce photographs or digital images by Brook Rudolph Photography. This includes but is not limited to: scanning and emailing images. By doing so, you are devaluing my work as an artist. Fines will start at $50,000 for copyright infringement.
Image Disc and Flash Drive Permissions
If you purchase an image disc or flash drive from Brook Rudolph Photography, you will be granted permission to print using this device. However, you do not have permission to copy the disc to make duplicate CDs, DVDs, or Flash Drives. This act will be reported as copyright infringement. By copying your disc you are devaluing my work as an artist as well as disintegrating the quality of your images. The more a JPEG files is copied, the more compressed an image becomes, and the less quality it will hold.
My goal as a professional photographer is to make you excited and happy with your photos. There is no charge for re-shoots due to technical issues (equipment malfunction, computer malfunction, etc.). However, due to the creative nature of what I do, I cannot offer re-shoots for any reason including dissatisfaction with clothing, facial expressions, hair, wind, or other items beyond our control. In the event that you would like to schedule another session due to one of the above, we will offer a new session at 1/2 price providing that the new session is scheduled within 2 weeks of your original session.
We highly recommend that you use your online gallery to purchase professional grade prints. However, if you choose to purchase an image CD you have been granted permission to use the disc for printing on your own. Please not that any printing beyond this point is at your own discretion. Brook Rudolph Photogrpahy is not responsible for any printing issues once a disc has been placed in the client’s possession. We will not give refunds or reimbursement of any kind due to poor or unsatisfactory printing quality, unless the print has been purchased through your online gallery. Brook Rudolph Photography pays a substantial subscription to gain access to a profession printing lab. For fair warning, other labs such as Walgreens, Walmart, Snapfish, and CVS will not provide the same professional quality.
Archiving Your Images
Your images will be archived for future purchases on your online gallery for 90 days. Brook Rudolph Photography will also archive your images on a studio hard drive for 1 year only. Please note that you should keep your purchased image discs/flash drives in a fireproof safe when not in use to insure its lifespan. Once your purchased print and products are in your possession, it is officially your responsibility. We will gladly replace any items that have been damaged due to shipping from our studio.
Please review all of your images thoroughly before purchasing. If there are any minor changes you’d like made, please let me know prior to your print purchase. Major retouching requests may result in additional fees. Also, due to the varying rations of image sizes, a 5×7 will not print the exact same as an 8×10. For this reason, we ask that you review your crop lines in your “check out cart” before printing. We will gladly provide a new print or product to you id you notice that it is significantly discolored or damaged after it has been shipped to you. Prints and products will be shipped directly to your home. Custom albums will be shipped to our studio first for inspection.
Disability & Injury Release: Your involvement and/or participation in a portrait session is voluntary, as you will be acting under your own free will. There is a risk of danger, bodily harm, injury, emotional stress, or death as a result of your participation, although it is absolutely unintentional. This risks may arise from hiking, standing and posing in potentially precarious locations, tripping or falling in-studio, head injuries with large studio equipment, and any other potential risks not limited to this list. There is the potential for risks and danger that may not be obvious or reasonably foreseeable at this time. Responsibility of your personal safety or well being when you are participating in a photo session belongs to your self and in no way the responsibility of Brook Rudolph Photography. By agreeing to participate in a photo session, you forever release Brook Rudolph, Brook Rudolph Photography, and its employees from any responsibility relating to any injury that may incur during your photography session.
Please feel free to print and read all of Brook Rudolph Photography’s 2014 policies above. If you should have any questions please contact Brook at 704.578.7073 or B.Rudolph8@gmail.com